sábado, 12 de mayo de 2012

PINK LADIES*

The other side of Grease:
 The stunning & Hilarious  BETTY RIZZO (played by Channing Stockhard)


   If I'm going to start speaking about movies (since I'm thinking of doing something related to FILMS later) I will start with GO-GREASE-LIGHTNING. I could bore you with how the first mute film started and the struggle to create new movies when the sound came,but I'll probably loose you guys...so I'm going to try to catch your attention(If you are still here and haven't fallen asleep with saliva going down your laptot haha).
Everyone knows and has seen Grease over a friday last-minute plan cancelation. Its a typical movie you have to have on your shelf for when you dont know what to watch. I know, it's a musical and some people reject this movies because actors spend all the movie singing &dancing! In my opinion= it's HILARIOUS! You can sing along with them( if you know the songs and had a good day), go to the bathroom or go supervise the popcorn! I assume you have seen this movie  a thousand times  so I recommend you to see it again with another perspective. Do not focus your attention in Sandra Dee's story. I know she's the main character, with all the summer loving blah blah blah blaah...I met a boy taraaaararaaaaah...NAH lay your attention on RIZZO!


This girl simbolices the sexual liberation of the seventies in contrast with the repressed life of girls like sandy.

-Oh Im not going to kiss him on the first day...then he won't respect me....
-"I wont go to bed till im legally wed...I can't I'm Sandra Dee!"

AGAIN....COME ON!!!It's Danny Zucco we are talking about here....LET HIM TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE...!
Think how miserable Sandra Dee was when thinking so much and analizing every step she took, all day in her house singing:"Hopelessly devoted.. tooo youuu...." TO who?Excuse me, devoted to WHO?"
Danny Zucco was probably fed up by the time and probably checking on another girl...

 With this, I don't mean girls have to be easy or sluts.We should always be respected and play the "inaccessible" look but we have to have character and enjoy life. Play it cool, always knowing what you look for in a relationship, do not settle with a dutchbag! I admire  Rizzos personality, how she doesn't let boys treat her like inferior and speaks out to what she wants!Maybe she's a bit slutty...yeah probably. With this I don't mean you have to be easy to get, but give guys some inniciative, something they'll look forward to and then you have them in love forever.
"A guy doesn' t  notice but when they fall in love, they are idiots in love"
Do you remember the outfits girls wear at that times:


Do you see Rizzo?With tight black dress. Everyone knows black dresses make everyone look awesome and thinner! Yeah that's personality! Fuck off the puritan look of the 70s,  AGRESSIVE BE BE AGRESSIVE!


  Doesn't anybody remember that Danny Zucco had hooked up earlier with rizzo?Yes!Rizzo was totally into him and nobody notices when Sandra Dee steps in and takes it from her....(Nobody blames Sandra Dee though) In her defense, she didn't know Rizzo before. What  about Rizzos feelings?She's known as the bad one, but really Is she? I mean, she's just a girl, playing it cool, trying to get boys attention in a society full of beautiful "blondy robots". Zucco is okey, but Keniki In my opinion...WAY TO GO RIZZO!hahaha!A bit of a dumbass and irresponsible at first but kind of funny and charming at the end. The thing I most adore about this film is the ending. How Sandra Dee switches her personality and gives a shot to smiling & enjoying her life!This is the spirit boys like!So girls, get your Pink ladies jackets and give them some PERSONALITY!





2 comentarios:

  1. Yeah that's cool. I'm fed up with being the good girl. I WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE! I'll do it my way and no one is gonna stop me now!!!!!!!!
    Really enjoy this blog. Keep it going ;)
    xoxoxoxo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. an awesome movie, an amazing post and a great blog! Congrats.

    ResponderEliminar